Foreclosure Lawyer West Tampa
- Are you facing FORECLOSURE of your home? Your investment property?
- Are you unable to make your current mortgage payment?
- Are you struggling every month to meet your mortgage payments?
- Do you need help to avoid bankruptcy and negative remarks on your credit report?
- Do you need help to prevent foreclosure?
- Has your lender denied you assistance?
- Do you feel that your home will never really be yours?
- Do you know where to turn and who to ask for help?
If your answer is YES to any of these questions, let us help. At Caroline Secor, P.A., we know the foreclosure laws. Don’t rely on your lender. Contact an experienced real estate legal team:
- Understands how you feel and what burden you carry in this process.
- Understands that the loss of your home is one of the most stressful situations you can have in your life.
- Cares, respects and works for you.
Remember, the lenders have attorneys and you should too.
Fighting Foreclosure When You Got a Bad Loan
If you’re being foreclosed upon because you cannot maintain the payments on a bad loan, you’re not alone. And you have to resist your first instincts to fight the foreclosure lawsuit alone – this may do nothing but waste your time and possibly serve to “waive” valuable defenses. Foreclosure defense lawyers can help you with this.
Arguing with the Lender
You’re not going to win this on your own. The lender you have a loan with will have a lot of leverage over you and, unless you’re a lawyer yourself, it’s going to be hard to differentiate empty—but intimidating—threats that they may make from legitimate actions they could take against you.
Don’t Fall for the “Note” Myth
There is some truth to the widely held notion that, if a bank cannot find the promissory note (which in essence gives them “ownership” of your home), it can prevent them from foreclosing. They’ll find it, eventually, or try to convince a court to give them a judgment with only a copy. In any case, this may buy you some time, but don’t rely upon it to save you from being foreclosed upon, because this strategy won’t in most cases.
Have a Foreclosure Defense Lawyer Look at the Matter
A foreclosure defense attorney can see if there was some sort of deception or another violation of state or federal law in the way that your original loan was written. As MSN points out, you’ll want to make sure that the lawyer you’re working with is straightforward with you. (Be wary if a lawyer just says that they can help without looking at your situation first.) If you cannot afford your house or property, then other options should be explored (e.g., loan modification or short sale).
Remember that there are bad companies out there who gave good people awful loans. You may be able to fight a foreclosure if your home is being taken away from you without good cause, but be aware that you need to talk to a foreclosure defense attorney before you can determine whether this is the case.
Call for a free consultation 727-335-7151.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
“Ms Secor and Sam were with me during a very dark time. They helped me through a mess I made by trying to do this on my own. She was extremely knowledgeable and had my best interest in mind. Thank you very much!!!”