Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Foreclosure Assistance

A vicious combination of one of the most devastating economic recessions in U.S. history, combined with an out–of–control prime and subprime lending market and a collapsing real estate bubble, led to a record number of house foreclosures nationwide, with Florida being no exception.

Today, even with the economy showing signs of recovery, foreclosures in Florida and nationwide remain staggeringly high.

A countless number of people in Florida are facing economic difficulties created by job loss, medical bills and credit card debt. Accordingly, you may now be behind in paying your mortgage. Bankruptcy helps you save your house, eliminate your debt, and improve your credit score.

back view of happy family hugging near modern home

Trusted Foreclosure Attorney

If you fall behind on your mortgage, you may have a foreclosure notice served upon you in which case you will have only a limited time to respond. If you are served with a foreclosure notice, it may take only a few weeks before you’re evicted from your own house. After you’re forced to leave your house, the house will sell at a foreclosure auction sale, most likely more considerably less than the mortgage you still owe. This is referred to as a deficiency balance, meaning that the lender can legally sue you for the balance of the amount you promised (in writing) to pay less the price the home sells for.

The Law Office of Carolyn Secor, P.A. will fight for you to keep your home by using Bankruptcy and the debt relief services. Regardless of whether your mortgage payment is only a month or two behind, or there is an imminent foreclosure auction sale set for your house — you are only a phone call away from getting the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family.

Can I Save My Home?

Many homeowners have simply walked away from their house (and mortgage payment) when in a situation whereby they owe more on the house than the house is currently valued at (e.g. the house is “upside-down”) and/or they simply do not have enough money (because of job loss, divorce, medical bills, other high monthly expenses) to keep making the mortgage payment. Many have lost their house even after attempting to make ends meet. If you find yourself in this situation, the Law Office of Carolyn Secor, P.A. can take the following actions on your behalf:

  • Stripping away 2nd and 3rd mortgages through Chapter 13 Bankruptcy,
  • Curing mortgage arrears by forcing the lender to allow you to pay back the mortgage deficiency over 3 to 5 years through Chapter 13 Bankruptcy,
  • Negotiating a loan modification or loan forbearance agreement from your lender, and
  • Filing of adversary lawsuits against lenders for violations of the Truth in Lender Act, predatory lending, and other state/Federal consumer protection statutes.

Call for a free consultation 727-335-7151.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Name *



    Your message (optional)

    Client Review

    “Ms Secor and Sam were with me during a very dark time. They helped me through a mess I made by trying to do this on my own. She was extremely knowledgeable and had my best interest in mind. Thank you very much!!!”
    Kellie Almond
    Client Review