A Bankruptcy Law Firm With Proven Success
Chapter 13 is a less cumbersome version of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reserved for individuals whose debts do not exceed certain debt maximum for Chapter 13 cases and have regular income. These cases allow an individual to create and file a plan to repay creditors over a period of up to 5 years, based on an individual’s income and expenses.
Trusted Bankruptcy Attorney
Carolyn Secor is here to help you decide if a Chapter 13 case is right for you, and is available to assist with:
- Filing Complex Bankruptcy Schedules
- Filing a Chapter 13 Plan
- Confirmation Hearings
- 341 “Meetings of Creditors”
- Determining Exempt Property
- Means Test Calculation
- Protection from Violations of the Automatic Stay
- Reaffirmation Agreements
- Navigating Communications with the Bankruptcy Trustee
- Defending Motions by Trustees, Creditors, or Interested Parties
- 2004 Examinations
- Stripping Certain Mortgages from Homes and/or Income Properties
- Valuing and Repaying Loans on Vehicles, Where Appropriate
- Determining the Extent and Priority of Certain Liens on Property
The federal government passed new bankruptcy reform legislation in October 2005. However, don’t be discouraged! Most studies indicate that the new law affects less than 15% of individuals who could have filed previously. If you are feeling overwhelmed by your debts and considering filing bankruptcy, it is highly probable that you fall into the category of the 85 percent of people who are still eligible to file.
Call today for a free consultation 727-335-7151.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
“Ms Secor and Sam were with me during a very dark time. They helped me through a mess I made by trying to do this on my own. She was extremely knowledgeable and had my best interest in mind. Thank you very much!!!”